A convenient time saver for the start of your week is to do a slow Sunday roast of seasonal vegetables and organic chicken. This inspires delicious quick Monday lunch and dinner creations. So cook plenty!
- If you have plenty of time cook at 140 C (284 F) with your vegetables cut small so they taste sweet and melt in your mouth with tender goodness.
- Pop whole unpeeled onions in the mix and they caramelize beautifully. The juices and flavor stay inside the skin and you just squeeze them when your roast is being served and they ooze onto your plate.
- After serving dinner place the rest into a container and let the flavors mingle.
Lunch or Dinner the next day
Now you can be creative with your delicious roast chicken and vegetables. I have made a green salad with avocado and lemon juice with short grain brown rice.
- Cook the rice on a medium/low heat with 2.5 cups of water to 1 cup of rice and a pinch salt for 45-60 minutes.
- To balance the long cooked roast with the rice its good to prepare a light fresh green salad with lemon juice, the avocados add to the yum factor of spring tastes. Pop a splash of shoyu (soya sauce) on the avocado slices to balance the sweetness.
- Love your food, chew well.