- ½ cup cashews
- Water for soaking
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the cashews in water to cover for at least an hour.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the olive oil in a blender or food processor.
- Process the dressing. Slowly add in the olive oil with the processor or blender going.
Transfer the dressing to a bottle.6. Store in refrigerator.
David’s tips: Vegan Dill Salad Dressing is a nice treat to give a flavour to your salads. It goes well with coleslaw, potato or chickpea salads rather than green salads and should not be had too often as even though it’s vegan it is rather high in calories.