Serves 2 people
• 2 cup peeled seeded chopped pumpkin
• 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeded, coarsely chopped
• 2 zucchini, coarsely chopped
• 1 tsp Olive oil
• 1 cup drained chickpeas
• 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
• 2-4 tablespoons water
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
• 1 clove garlic, crushed or chopped fine
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 200C (392F). Place the pumpkin, capsicum and zucchini in a baking dish. Lightly brush olive oil and toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Combine the yoghurt with enough water to make a dressing.
3. Stir in the dill, garlic and lemon rind, taste and season with freshly ground pepper.
4. Combine the vegetables and chickpeas. Drizzle with the dressing.
David Tips: Double or triple this recipe to make lunch for the week ahead. Store the chickpea and vegetable mixture and the dressing in separate airtight containers in the fridge.