Serves 4 people takes 50 minutes to prepare
The roasted veggies make this a filling salad – If you are in a rush, roast the vegetables the night before. Chuck ‘em in the oven and forget about them while you cook dinner!
- 600g (20 oz) sweet potato, cut into chunks (optional peel)
- 4 baby eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups rocket leaves (arugula)
- 120g (4 oz) reduced fat feta, crumbled
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- Preheat oven to 200C (392F).
- Place the sweet potato, eggplant, zucchini, capsicum and onion in a large baking dish.
- Add olive oil and season with pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside to cool. Divide between serving.
David Tips: Store the vegetable mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and you can top with the rocket, feta and olives the night before or in the morning.